2012 National Top 10 Consignment Sales
ConsignmentMommies.com is looking for the TOP consignment sales in the country! Our independent judging panel will use the feedback of our ConsignmentMommies.com community, as well as the sales data & essays applications and will select the National Top 10 Children’s Consignment Sales. Winning sales will receive press coverage, a “National Top 10 Consignment Sale” Banner, bragging rights and 1 of 10 marketing, printing, social media prizes.
Packets Available for Download: September 30, 2012
Voting & Submissions Accepted: October 1 - November 28, 2012
Submission Deadline & Voting Closed: November 28, 2012
*Submissions must be accompanied by a $10 application fee paid via PayPal
Winners Announced: January 3, 2012
Announced in conjunction with regional “Best Consignment Sales” contest winners
---- What You Need to Do NOW ------
Step 1: Fill Out the Basic Application & Upload Your Feature Graphic
- Feature Graphic Requirements: Size will be resized to a maximum of 400x400 and can include your logo, sale photos or whatever you’d like to fit in your graphic. This graphic will be uploaded with your application submission and will be used on our contest page on ConsignmentMommies.com, in our Facebook content album and on Pinterest.
- NOTE: You MUST ALSO fill out the DATA & ESSAYS application to be judged for the contest. We are allowing applicants to opt in to the contest EARLY, without the DATA & ESSAYS application to help allow more time for thoughtful entries (final application deadline is November 21, 2012 at 8pm EST)
- Deadline for “Count Me In” in is November 21, 2012. However, we encourage EARLY opt in to allow for more fan support / voting in Step 3.
Step 2: Pay the $10 Application Fee
- Once you upload your application & graphics, you will be redirected to PayPal. Note, this is NON-REFUNDABLE!
Step 3: Encourage Fan Support
- Once you submit your application, we will add your “feature graphic” to our National Consignment Sale Facebook Album and provide you with a link to SHARE that image with your fans & followers. Please allow 3-4 business days after we receive your application to upload your “feature graphic.”
- You may also find additional promotional graphics & badges FOR YOUR USE at XXXX (link in progress)
---- What You Can Do Later (Due Nov 28, 2012 at 8pm EST) ------
Step 4: Submit Your Sales Data, Essays & Sale Photos (Due Nov 28, 2012)
- You must submit as a Word Doc and you MUST be within the alloted word count.
To check your word count, highlight the section you need to “count” and then choose “Tools > Word Count” from the Word toolbar.
- We are allowing applicants to opt into the contest in Step #2 above, BEFORE filling out the DATA & ESSAYS application. This will give you more time to work on the application & essays, but still give you the chance to encourage fan support & feedback as early as possible! You MUST submit a full DATA & ESSAYS application to be considered - step #2 is only a PART of the application process. Note, failure to submit the DATA & ESSAYS application will disqualify you from judging. We will NOT refund the $10 application based on failure to meet this deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the requirements for entry?
Any traditional KIDS consignment sale event that has been in business for ONE year may apply. You may also have adult, furniture, maternity at your sale, but children’s merchandise must be your primary offering. Applications are accepted for SINGLE locations only (no collections of sales). For example, businesses which hold 3-4 spring sales under the same “business entity” must file an application for EACH location (or for only one, at your discretion). Franchisees must apply as a single location (ie: not a collection of 12 sales). If you have questions regarding elibility, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Can I enter both the regional contest & national contest?
Absolutely. These are independent contests and you may enter and be selected in both. Regional awards are based solely on popular vote; the national contest combines public feedback with a formal judging panel.
3. Who is on the judging panel?
A panel of 5 judges have been selected by the ConsignmentMommies.com team. Judge identities will be held confidential to help limit any fraud. Judges have been selected based on their backgrounds in small business, retail, community / charity involvement, marketing and operations. All judges have signed a full confidentiality agreement to protect the data included in your application, with additional provisions preventing them from discussing or sharing ANY information in their contest review. Additionally, the judges must sign an affidavit confirming they have no relationship (direct or indirect) with any of the applicants. Judges may be compensated for their time by ConsignmentMommies.com.
4. What if I don’t get my DATA & ESSAYS application in?
Will you refund my application fee? We will not refund any application fees for failure to submit the final application. Additionally, no refunds are made based on the desire to “remove yourself” from the contest. If you’d like to be removed, please email us at email@example.com
5. What will the winners receive?
The National Top 10 Kids Consignment Sales will receive press recognition both nationally and in their local markets, recognition on the ConsignmentMommies.com website & social media platforms, and a chance at 1 of 10 marketing, social media, printing or consulting packages.
Links & Tools
- Contest Overview
- Nominate Your Favorite Sale
- Step 1: Enter The Contest
- Step 2: Submit Your Formal Application
- Rules & Regulations
- Badges & Promotional Tools